For readers around the globe. :)

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Not Everybody Lives the Same Way

This book was really, really average.
But that's what makes it so good.

Not Everybody Lives the Same Way follows Paul from the moment he's born to the moment he's released from prison. Told through a very interesting timeline, I found myself wishing more of the story was actually set in the prison. It starts with his birth and explores the basic familial complexities that we are all too familiar with. I think that's the beauty of this story, it could literally be any of us.

I know many people would scoff at that statement, but it's true. Paul lived an average life, with average parents, and average problems. He had a family, a dog, and a career. He lived his life with so much compassion for others. He did a bad thing, but he's not a villain.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the overall message it sent.

Huge thanks to Abrams Books for sending me an ARC!

The English translation of Not Everybody Lives the Same Way by Jean-Paul Dubois is out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment