For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The Kingdoms of Savannah

If you guys haven't notice yet, I really love reading books that are set in places I've lived. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to read The Kingdoms of Savannah by fellow Savannahian, George Dawes Green.
 
This book had all of the Southern Gothic aspects that I love. It had small town politics and local corruption. It even had detailed the dreary underground history of Savannah itself. I was enthralled in the story as I followed the streets I've wandered along myself. The deep seeded underground history of Savannah is what really drew me in. The lore, dramatics, and honesty really tied the story together.

The Kingdoms of Savannah follows one family that goes back for generations. The Musgroves have been a staple in the community forever. Everyone knows head of the house, Morgana took control of her late husband's investigative firm. They know about the feuding brothers, David and Ransom. Ransom started running with the homeless crowd and quickly found himself wanting to stay. Sisters Bebe and Willou became familiar faces when one became a nurse and the other a Judge.

But then there's granddaughter Jaq. The film student/bartender who just wants to know who murdered her friend, Luke. You'd think with a family like hers, they'd be able to get answers in a snap. But that's not always the case. Jaq begins searching for answers herself and uncovers some of the darkest secrets that the city wanted to keep hidden.

The privilege of this family seeps through the pages.
But the secret history of the Kingdom is what keeps you reading.
 
I absolutely loved this book.
I cannot wait to hear George Dawes Green speak next month!
 
Huge thanks to Celadon Books and NetGalley for sending me an ARC!!!
 
Kingdoms of Savannah comes out July 19, 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment