For readers around the globe. :)

Friday, June 17, 2022

Madame Bovary

I hate this book.
I don't care that it's a classic.
I don't care about Emma and Charles.
I don't care about the infidelity.
I just absolutely do not care.

I was leery when I found out Madame Bovary was the book in this month's Literary Book Club Box. There were a lot of things I didn't like about it, mostly being I thought it was a romance book. Which I mean, I guess it is, but like....not really. I'm also not a fan of reading about infidelity. If it's pertinent to advancing story then by all means include it, but this was literally the basis of the book.

I just found Emma and Charles to be the most boring people ever. The two of them should have never gotten together in the first place, and look how it ended....poorly for both of them and even worse for their child. I don't know how I powered through 400 pages of this nonsense, but I am so glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment