For readers around the globe. :)

Monday, December 23, 2019

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

 Sarcasm sold in the form of a self help book? Uh, yes please.

My coworker and I traded books over Christmas break.
I loaned her my all time fav, I'll Be There for You: The One About Friends and she loaned me The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life.

This book definitely had some chapters that felt like they dragged but I did learn a few things about life, relationships, and learning how to just let things go. For me, the last one is the hardest part. I get so wound up in emotions over something ridiculous. But as it turns out the ridiculous thing is part of a bigger issue and I just need to start asking myself WHY I'm so worked up over it. There's a deeper meaning to everything we do in our lives. It's just a matter of choosing what we should and should not give a fuck about. 

It's a quick read that easily held my attention with chapters like, "You Are Not Special," "You're Wrong about Everything (But So Am I)," "......and Then You Die." It's bound to keep you laughing as you learn.

Looking for other books by Mark Manson?
Everything is #@%!ed

No comments:

Post a Comment