For readers around the globe. :)

Monday, January 17, 2022

Will

"Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down.
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there.
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air."

I heard those words every single morning as I was getting ready for school. Well, every morning when I was running late, at least. Regardless, I was raised on the The Fresh Prince. It's still one of my comfort shows to this day.

So when Will Smith announced that he was writing a memoir, I immediately pre-ordered it. The Smith Family has been in my life since I was a child. I know that sounds weird but I remember obsessing over Jaden and Justin Beiber in "Never Say Never," which was on the soundtrack for The Karate Kid (which I saw in theaters like 3 times). I remember being too old to whip my hair with Willow, but have found comfort in her rock album. And Jada, well Jada is just one of those people who know and love.
 
In his book, Will takes us from bagging ice in Philly, to jumping out of a helicopter over the Grand Canyon. He takes us with him through his rap career with DJ Jazzy Jeff, to auditioning at a birthday party for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, to becoming the biggest movie star ever.

He tells us about his childhood, his teen years, even becoming a dad to his first born, Trey. We hear about his relationships and finding himself through therapy and guided ayahuasca retreats. We learn his fears and doubts but we also see him grow and understand.
 
Honestly, this is a fantastic celebrity memoir.

Looking for other books by Mark Manson?

No comments:

Post a Comment