For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Bad Dogs Have More Fun

John Grogan is a best selling author, often writing about dogs, his family, and life. He's best known for his lovable lab, Marley, introduced in the 2005 hit, Marley & Me.
Honestly, I only read the Animals portion of this book (pages 59-106). When I began reading Bad Dogs Have More Fun, I expected each section to deal with pets in the family and the chaos they create. I found this book in the Pets Section of my local bookstore and saw the puppy on the cover and my eyes just glazed over. I thought Perfect! Another dog book to obsess over!! But I quickly learned that this book does not 100% belong in the dog section.. 
The cover? Yes.
The author? Yes.
The content? Just barely.
A lot of the Animals portion was the author complaining about his dogs and other people who think their dogs are much worse than his atrocious Marley. Yet he attributes all the good things happening in his life to Marley. That dog changed his life. Marley changed his family relationship, his will to write, and led him onto the "best-sellerdom" for the rest of his life. John Grogan is a household name now and all of that is thanks to the dog that he constantly complained about. 
If you're a dog lover like myself and wanted to read a quirky book about dogs wreaking havoc and bettering our lives, don't grab this book first; grab another.

No comments:

Post a Comment