For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Meet Garfield Whyte


I was lucky enough to begin talking with Garfield Whyte, and am pleased to finally introduce this self-published author to all of you!

When did you first start writing? I started writing poetry from age 10 but just last year started writing my novel.

What is your newest book, TJ's Last Summer in Cape Cod about? TJ (Taj James) an 18 year old high school basketball star who wants to make this summer his best ever, before he leaves to take up his college basketball scholarship, but he needs help. So, he rolls the dice and calls on his 55 year old Uncle Peter, a womanizer par excellence, to help him with those plans. TJ holds secrets for Uncle Peter so TJ was very sure his uncle would do anything for him, as his uncle's promises seemed more sacred than wedding vows. As summer rolled along, TJ is forced to make decisions whether to be a good boy or to practice some of the lessons his uncle is teaching him. Was it worth it when summer ended? That will depend on whose side you are on.

What are some of your favorite books/teachers/writing mentors? I liked literature in high school, books like The Mayor of Casterbridge (Thomas Hardy), Macbeth and Julius Caesar (William Shakespeare), Plays Unpleasant (George Bernard Shaw).

Who or what inspires you to write? I have a creative mind.

When in the day do you usually write? Usually from 9:00 pm until 2:00 am

Where do you feel most inspired to write? At home.

Do you listen to any music while you write? Sometimes I listen to instrumentals.

Do you ever get writers' block? If so, how do you deal with it? No, not at all. I usually think about what I am going to write next so that when I sit to write I never have writers' block.

Do you research what you are going to write? No research at all, as my novel (TJ's Last Summer in Cape Cod) is strictly a work of fiction. My memoir about my all boys boarding school (Nostalgia from: A City Set Upon a Hill) was all factual except the names of my school mates.

Are you currently working on anything now? Another novel entitled Southsea Sagas

There you have it!
Garfield Whyte: Attorney by day, author by night.
Check out an exclusive excerpt of Feelings!!
Check out his Goodreads account: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14120238.Garfield_Whyte
Garfield Whyte's website: http://www.garfeel.com/   

No comments:

Post a Comment