For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Feelings

A big thank you to the author, Garfield Whyte, for sending me an ebook of Feelings to review! 
When I first came across this book I expected something completely different. It was described as an environmental photography and poetry book. Personally, I have never book a big fan of poetry, but the environment is something I have always been passionate about! While this collection of poems did have some very strong points, it completely threw me through a loop because it was not poems about the photography in the book. It was poems to make you feel a certain type of way, with photographs of the beach and mountains and various outdoor places. The poems paired with the photographs were meant to make the reader feel and understand the mood of the poem. I had two poems that I thoroughly enjoyed, The Inevitable Lover and As the Sun Sets. 

As per the author, I have been granted access to an exclusive excerpt from one of the poems in Feelings! Take a look below. :)

The Little That We Had

The little that we had was grand wonderful and true
The little that we had filled me with joy and gave me hope to see the
sunrise and inevitably caused me to glory in the blissful moments we shared
It brought tranquility to my human heart to patiently wait to see you again
And it's all because I cherished more than ever the little that we had

The little that we had was treasured gold
Many have lived a lifetime in search of what we had
It filled my innermost vacuum with love to the overflowing.

And.....
Although we never reached the top of the mount'
You meant more to me than you'll ever know,
Because in my memories you reign supreme,
And here I am desperately in need of just a little of the little that we once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment