For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, October 22, 2020

My Secret to Tell


Apparently, Natalie D. Richards is going to set the tone for my spooky season.

This one felt different than the rest of her books.

My Secret to Tell follows sixteen year old Emmie, whose mother dreams of her being a lawyer. Which leads to her working as Joel's assistant at his office. It wouldn't be a teen book without a little romance, so obviously this office overlooks the boat tours, run by none other than Emmie's everlasting crush, Deacon.

It's a cute book with a bit of suspense.
 
-BUT-
  
I was fully prepared to make this one of my favorite Nat Richards books, but then she brought the teens-solving-mysteries-before-the-police aspect in and I'm not usually a fan of that. I just can't wrap my head around the logic of kids uncovering a smuggling ring of some sort, AND THEN STEALING THE EVIDENCE AND MOVING IT AWAY FROM THE CRIME SCENE and the the cops are like "Golly, kids, thanks so much we've been working with the FBI on this and couldn't get any leeway, but this backpack filled with stolen goods will definitely help!"

Like, no. Stop.

Regardless, I still devoured this book.
 
Looking for other books by Natalie D. Richards?

No comments:

Post a Comment