For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Gone Too Far


My go-to author for YA thrillers is Natalie D. Richards.
I'm obsessed with really anything she writes.
 This year she began releasing her books with updated covers, which means they match all her newer books.....you best believe I've bought all of them.
 
Gone Too Far is told in typical YA thriller fashion.
Piper's running late for her big chemistry test. She spots a notebook on the way in and grabs it with the intent to put it into lost in found. Without time to run to her locker, maybe by some small chance, this notebook is also filled with chemistry notes.....but what she finds is sinister. It's almost like a burn book.

Honestly, the entire time I was reading this book I kept thinking, "Oh my god, this is Mean Girls meets Pretty Little Liars."

So she finds this notebook filled with gossip about everyone in the school.
But to make it even creepier, all the photos show the students with their eyes gauged out. Pretty weird. But it starts to get under Piper's skin when an unknown number starts texting her. This person is seeking revenge and wants Piper's help. He wants Piper to pick names of students for him to absolutely humiliate in their ultimate take-down. Before long Piper and her partner have exposed a bully, a shoplifter, and a cheater. But when it starts to get personal, Piper wants out.

I loved how twisty this book was.
By the end of it, I was kind of convinced Piper was the mastermind behind the whole thing. Obviously, I was wrong. But either way, this kept me up all night to finish it.

Looking for other books by Natalie D. Richards?

No comments:

Post a Comment