For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Seven Dirty Secrets

Oh. My. God. THAT ENDING.

I was picking my jaw up off the floor at 2 am when a freaking bomb was dropped like 10 pages before the end of the book. I thought I had it figured out too and I was WROOOOOONG.

You guys all know Natalie D. Richards is one of my auto-buy authors. But I'm not even kidding when I say Seven Dirty Secrets is her best book yet. It's believable, has just enough twists to keep you on edge, and really truly will make your jaw drop.

The premise includes a weekend long scavenger hunt and some cryptic clues.

"One caused the fall.
One did nothing.
One saw it all.
One didn't care.
One used their head.
One played the hero.
One was left for dead."
 
This hunt wasn't what Cleo had in mind for her birthday, but she was willing to play along. That is until she realizes the dates, times, and clues are all focused around time she spent with her abusive ex-boyfriend.....oh and he died on a camping trip for her birthday the year before. With her best friend and brother in tow, they set off to find whoever is taunting them. The whole thing just felt so believable. Natalie D. Richards really created such an amazing character. Cleo had her eyes set on college, an abusive past, and a dead ex. I just felt incredibly connected to her and honestly it made me love this book more than any of the others.

Looking for other books by Natalie D. Richards?

No comments:

Post a Comment