For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Choose Your Own Autobiography

NEIL PATRICK HARRIS YOU ARE MY GOD.
Okay, that's a bit extreme but forreal I love him.
So I actually found out about this book by watching old interviews with NPH and found one of him discussing what inspired this lovely book, Choose Your Own Autobiography.
Going into this you have to know, it is not like a regular autobiography, it's based off of the Choose Your Own Adventure children's book (which were Neil's fav).
So this book is not meant to be read as a book, it's meant to be read as several different stories about Neil and his life, oftentimes ending in him just out of reach of survival.

However, I read this as a regular book because jumping from chapter to chapter, hundreds of pages apart, would drive me absolutely bonkers (but hey he knew we were out there and even left us a secret: Kungaloosh).
But honestly, I loved this book, even if I read it wrong!
It chronicles his life staring as a dog in a school play, to Broadway's Rent, not to mention full drag as Hedwig! It also talks about my fav show, How I Met Your Mother, Barney Stinson even makes an appearance. But his life isn't all tv, movies, and broadway. It's got some loooooove in it too, specifically David Burtka and their two freaking precious kids, Gideon and Harper.

So if you want an adventure full of drinks, food, magic tricks, and interviews, this is the book for you. 

Looking for other Neil Patrick Harris books?
The Bro Code
The Playbook

No comments:

Post a Comment