For readers around the globe. :)

Monday, February 17, 2020

The Bro Code

I've been re-watching How I Met Your Mother for the past few days.
It's one of my favorite shows around, plus I need something to watch incessantly now that Friends is no longer on Netflix. So when I saw The Bro Code and The Playbook were part of a BOGO sale at 2NC I grabbed them immediately!
Now lets keep in mind, these are parody books based on Neil Patrick Harris's womanizing player of a character, Barney Stinson. Oh, and it was written in 2008 so obviously times have changed and some of the vernacular is outdated.

But this was a quick read; quick like I read it in about an hour. But I enjoyed it and had a great time grilling my husband on the unspoken "Bro Code." He doesn't even watch the show but he was dying as I showed him page after page of little things he does. The only downside to this book was getting past the first few articles that were your stereotypical womanizing sexist behavior that just doesn't fly in this day and age. But once you get past that it's genuinely funny and very true to Barney's character.

Looking for other Neil Patrick Harris books?

No comments:

Post a Comment