For readers around the globe. :)

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Footsteps

This book was not at all what I was expecting it to be.
Honestly, F. Scott Fitzgerald caught my eye and I picked it up on impulse. 
With that being said, I could have lived without it.

Footsteps is a collections of essays written and published in The New York Times.
Each essay is based on a literary pilgrimage, which let's be real that is an AWESOME concept. However, many of the authors discussed in this book were what I consider "classic" authors. Think Fitzgerald, Lovecraft, Hemingway, Twain, Kerouac, etc...
But in all honesty, I've never read many of these authors, making it hard for me to grasp the reality behind the pilgrimages. However, I was thoroughly impressed with the Brothers Grimm and Lewis Carol (both of which I have read). I didn't realize how much I didn't know about these authors, but this book has inspired me to go find some of these all time classics and broaden my literary horizon.

Huge shout out to Blogging For Books for providing me a copy for this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment