For readers around the globe. :)

Friday, June 16, 2017

Death Punch'd

I'm a fan of some of Five Finger Death Punch's music. However, I was not exactly a fan of Jeremy Spencer's Death Punch'd: Surviving Five Finger Death Punch's Metal Mayhem. 
Remember when I read Corey Taylor's You're Making Me Hate You
While his book was full of antics and douche-baggery, Jeremy Spencer kicked it up 300% and not in a good way. 
At the end of the book he points out that he wants to get his message of addiction out by sharing his experiences in hope that others will see how addict tears your entire life apart. 
I religiously read addiction stories and his remorse is SLIM. This book was more of his drunken antics and coke-fueled life. It was one big party to him for many, many years. Yes, towards the end you get the major picture. Drugs are bad. 5FDP suffered because of him. His family suffered because of him. He knows that he is the reason behind the suffering.
So, if you're looking for a book on 5FDP, I highly would not recommend this one.
If you're looking for a memoir written through drunk goggles and drug haze, then maybe you should give this one a go.
Personally, I wouldn't spend $16 on this book for anyone.
Pretty upset I spent that to read for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment