For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Tacky

It's no surprise that I'm obsessed with the early 2000s.
 
I have an odd mix of Britney Spears, Fall Out Boy, and a variety of one hit wonders on my playlist and I bump that shit regularly. I can now stream reruns of MTV's most cringe-worthy shows. I still wear my mass produced Nirvana tee that I begged my mom for at Hot Topic. Hell, I probably still have a bottle of Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion tucked away in a memory box too. So if you're looking to walk down memory lane, you need a copy of Tacky: Love Letters to the Worst Culture We Have to Offer.
 
Rax King hits all the high points and low points of 2000s pop culture. Since we're basically the same age, we had arguably the same experiences as every other preteen in the early 2000s. I don't know what the fascination is with this era, but I'm here for it. Rax King writes in a way that vocalizes how important it is to be yourself, but does it in a way that is so incredibly relatable.

We take away little things from every experience we have. Whether it be music tastes from CDs the neighbor burned for you, learning the art of seduction from rom-coms, or even watching Guy Fieri yell about Flavortown in an attempt to heal a broken heart. We've literally all been there. So yeah, my walk into adulthood had a lot of the same stops along the way and I wouldn't change it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment