For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Supermarket

My sister loaned me her copy of Logic's book, Supermarket.
I honestly was a little on the fence about reading this novel for a few reasons. Mainly because I had no idea who Logic was but also because my mom and sister both realllllllllly hyped this book up to me. All my sister told me was that it deals with mental health issues that the author had gone through himself. So I decided to give it a shot.

Main character Flynn is an aspiring author who decides the best way to finish his novel is to completely immerse himself in the story. If you haven't guessed it yet, his novel is set in a supermarket. So Flynn sets out to find himself a job at a grocery store. Everyone in the store quickly becomes inspiration for characters in his book. There's Ted, Ronda, Kurtis, Rachel, Becca, Cara, Bianca, Ann, Mia, and of course, Frank.

It's menial work but Flynn is getting good content for his novel. Plus, he gained a best friend and a girlfriend just by showing up at Muldoon's every day. But this is kind of where the story gets tricky to talk about.....

I was 32 pages in when I had a hunch.
I was 66 pages in when I knew.
I was 157 pages in when everything really came together.
I was flying through the last 100 pages.
 
It was honestly worth the hype.
 
Looking for other books by Bobby Hall?

No comments:

Post a Comment