For readers around the globe. :)

Sunday, January 10, 2021

I Would Leave Me If I Could

Halsey wrote a book.
I repeat
HALSEY WROTE A BOOK.

I'm honestly not a big fan of poetry but when I was home for Christmas, I started flipping through my sister's copy of I Would Leave Me If I Could. I made a decision right then and there to buy myself a copy too.
 
Y'all, Halsey has been through some shit. These poems are raw, they're honest, they're real. She tackles topics such as violence, drug abuse, sexual assault, suicide, mental illness, and fame. It blows my mind to think she's barely a year older than me. I could not imagine going through the things she went through and still being able to see the light through all the darkness.

"Memorize" and "Wish You the Best" were two of my favorite poems. There's some that will literally break your heart and there's some that will have you singing it in Halsey's voice. But they all make up a bigger part of her story and that's honestly beautiful.

This collection of poetry really just solidified how much I love Halsey.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be listening to her entire discography tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment