For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Dogs of Cuba

 
I don't know what I enjoyed seeing more, the love these dogs have for each other or the unconditional love written all of over the faces of their owners. This book was a wonderful collection of photographs taken by Emmy Park while she was traveling through Cuba. Even though she was actually there to cover a skateboard tournament, she quickly noticed the amount of dogs wandering the streets. It's no surprise that dogs are cherished in America more than almost any other country. Now, I just got back from living in Korea for 2.5 years and can attest to the previous statement. It pained me to see dogs chained up to porches and businesses, or just running along the street looking for their next meal. But this is the only life they've known. Of course, each place has exceptions. Some people truly love their dog more than anything in the world. Which is true for me; my dog is my baby, so I could never imagine putting her through something like that, even though she was on the streets before she had me.

Regardless, the photos in this coffee table book are absolutely stunning and are well worth flipping through!! Huge thank you to NetGalley, Schiffer Publishing, and Emmy Park for an advance copy of this book!

The Dogs of Cuba hits shelves September 28, 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment