For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires

Y'all, I love this book.
Easily in my Top 5 Fav Books of all time.
 
There's so much to love about this book; there's vampires, housewives, bookclubs, and wine. Oh and it's all set in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina in the '90s. If that doesn't instantly draw you in, then I don't know what will.

It warmed my dark, little heart to see a group of women obsessing over true crime books and drinking white wine; aka my typical Tuesday night. I also love that I had read.....most of the books they read in their not-quite-a-booklcub. Maybe it's the true crime books, or maybe it's the dark mysterious neighbor, or maybe it's the random animalistic attacks happening in her very own yard that puts main character, Patricia on edge. But Patricia knows something weird is happening in the area and she sets her sights on finding out what exactly what that something is.

After reading up on vampires, Patricia believes their new neighbor and friend, James Harris, is one of them. James worked his way into all their lives. He befriended husbands, joined bookclub, bonded with their kids, but who really was he and why did he keep changing his backstory?

I know this probably sounds lamer than lame.
But please take a chance on this book.
I love it more than any other book I've read in 2020.
 
Looking for other books by Grady Hendrix?
 
Looking to start your own Not-Quite-A-Bookclub?

No comments:

Post a Comment