For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Seriously... I'm Kidding

Seriously... I'm Kidding was laugh out loud funny. 
Ellen has such a unique personality and it definitely shines through in this book. Reading the words was like sitting with Ellen and listening to her tell you stories about anything you could imagine. Want a new hobby? She has some ideas. Need medical advice? She's got you covered. Tips on gift giving? Not a problem. 
I will say, if you aren't listening to the audiobook (which apparently is phenomenal) you have to know Ellen's voice, mannerisms, and personality. Otherwise this book is going to be extremely painful to read. 
While reading this book (in a whopping three hours, may I add) each chapter was almost like watching a segment on the show. They were short stories that had little in common, but shared so much. Not to mention, she included every kind of reader in her book; women, men, grandparents, teens, even coloring pages for the kiddos. It was a precious touch that I am so thankful she added. 
She tries her hardest not to leave anyone out and I think that is important. Her character is so pure and delightful that I cannot wait to pick up her others books.
So, go grab a copy of the book or audiobook!
Sit down.
Read.
Laugh.
Love.
Imagine.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment