For readers around the globe. :)

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Awake

I think I'd like to thank NetGalley for allowing me to remember why I stopped reading teen fiction. Awake was one of the strangest books I've ever read. Scarlett is 15 when she falls madly in love with Noah, whom she's known for maybe 25 seconds. In their second class together, she blurts out that she can't remember anything before her 4th birthday. Her memories are completely wiped. But Noah knows why, because he was sent to her high school to make her fall in love with him so he can kidnap her and take her back to her biological parents who run a cult known as Eternal Light. Scarlett is believed to be The Light, so a human sacrifice is going to give the cult members eternal life with all of their loved ones. When she starts getting her memories back, she's rushed to Ireland for the rituals and preparing herself to die. I wish this book wasn't so predictable. The concept was interesting to say the least, but definitely not something I would ever recommend to others. 

If this interests you more than it did me, Awake comes out August 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment