For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, May 27, 2023

WarholCapote

It's not a secret that I'm obsessed with all things Truman Capote.
 
But I'm also obsessed with Andy Warhol.
 
So when my sister handed me this book, I immediately jumped right into it and finished it while I was on my weekend trip.
 
Rumor has it, Andy and Truman had been talking about recording their conversations and turning all their drama and gossip into a Broadway show. A show I definitely would have wanted to see. When Rob Roth caught wind that there might actually be tapes recorded between these two icons, he jumped at the chance to find them. The Warhol Foundation confirmed there are almost 3,000 tapes in their possession that can't be shared until 50 years after Andy's death. So yeah, 2037. A handful of these tapes were released to Roth and he decided to re-imagine their conversations into a "play" of sorts, which resulted in this book.
 
These two men are absolutely icon in my eyes.
I will be not so patiently waiting for the next 14 years for those tapes to be released.
 
Looking for other books by or featuring Truman Capote?

No comments:

Post a Comment