For readers around the globe. :)

Monday, October 11, 2021

Marilyn Monroe: The Last Interview


Marilyn Monroe is an icon. 
I've never really known much about her, but when I was reading Truman Capote's short story, "A Beautiful Child," I quickly became enthralled by their friendship. I don't think I ever looked beyond Marilyn's persona to think about who she was until I read that story. Seeing Truman Capote write about his friend and her struggles, I had an inkling that she might have a much deeper story than what Hollywood wanted us to see.

I finally found a copy of Marilyn Monroe: The Last Interview in a local bookstore. I snatched it up and devoured it in a few hours. Topping off at 100 pages, this book narrates Marilyn's last interview just weeks before her death. It also features several journalistic conversations where we get real insight into who she was. She didn't set out to become an icon, hell she didn't even want that kind of responsibility. She wasn't the dumb blonde she was typecast as. She was passionate, brilliant, beautiful, and complicated. She just wanted a life to call her very own.

I love her.
I love this.
 
Looking for other books featuring Marilyn Monroe?
 
Looking for other books in The Last Interview Series?

No comments:

Post a Comment