For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The One and Only Ruby

This is honestly one of my favorite series.

I love getting to know the stories of each of these animals. We started with Ivan, the gorilla trapped in a roadside attraction. Then we got to know Bob, the dog who became Ivan's unlikely pal. But Ruby really hit home for me. Ruby is a young elephant who experiences loneliness, growing up, and finding her herd. She takes us back to her life in African and what it was like watching as the poachers descended on her family. How lost she felt until ending up in a sanctuary.

It was heartbreaking. I wasn't expecting her story to resonate so much with me but it really grabbed me and it's not letting me go. It took over a month for me to even find these few words for my review. It's just a great little read and might be my favorite of the series.

Looking for the rest of the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment