For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Complete Stories of Truman Capote

I'm obsessed with Truman Capote.
 
When I was at my local bookstore a few weeks ago, I got super excited when I saw a Truman Capote book I didn't have yet! So I bought it on the spot, got home to add it to my to-read shelf and realized......I already had it.

The Complete Stories of Truman Capote was the book.

It's a fantastic collection of all of Capote's early short stories. The best part of his writing is that usually there is a character that is incredibly similar to himself. Most of his stories are somewhat semi-autobiographical without blatantly telling his entire life story. Within this collection, there are many reoccurring themes. The sadness is seeped into the pages of each and every story. In my eyes, writing was a way for Truman Capote to expel his demons. It's beautiful.

Looking for other books by Truman Capote?

Looking for books on Truman Capote?

2 comments: