For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, September 10, 2022

People Person

I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed this book.

People Person follows the lives of 5 half-siblings whose lives are thrust together following a freak accident. They had only met once before, when their absentee father picked them all up for a visit to the park. He left them with one piece of fatherly advice....."This is so none of you ever buck up with each other on the road and fall in love or have sex or any of dem tings. Because that, my children, would be illegal."

Throughout the years, the siblings ran into each other without ever really knowing them. But when Dimple calls Nikisha for help, the whole lot of them show up. In a weird way, this helped Nikisha, Danny, Dimple, Lizzie, and Prynce all find their way back to each other. I wouldn't same the theme of the book is dark, it's just filled with secrets. It's more about the dysfunctional, yet unbreakable, family bond. It felt believable, the emotions were raw and genuine without making me roll my eyes. It's about friendship and family, about finding yourself while uncovering your past.

I haven't read Candice Carty-Williams debut novel, Queenie yet but after reading this I definitely want to find a copy.

Huge thanks to Simon & Schuster and Scout Press for sending me an advanced copy!
 
People Person is out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment