For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Space Between

I first met Nico through their character Josh on Younger.
So when I saw they were writing a book, I immediately had to have it.
That being said, I had no idea what to expect from Nico's life.
 
Space Between: The Exploration of Love, Sex, and Fluidity.
Nico has always felt like they needed to explore their sexuality and what exactly that would mean for their family, career, and overall well-being. Recently, Nico has decided to use they/them pronouns. Their gender fluidity is constantly moving, adapting, and growing with who they are at any given time. What I found to be an extremely honest explanation for the they/them pronouns (which I wasn't totally sure of how to explain before now) was when they explained that people are multidimensional. We're always juggling more than one character trait at a time but not one trait solely describes us. It seems fitting to refer to Nico as they or them because that's who they feel most comfortable as.

But what I really want to talk about is the dynamic between Nico and their partner Bethany. The love they share for each other is astounding. They have explored every sense of their beings together and have continuously helped each other grow to be the best versions of themselves. They were together through the darkest parts of their addiction, through several relationships (some of which were broken because of their closeness), through experimenting with polyamory, through the rawest forms of love. Their love knows no boundaries.

I was expecting a quick peek into Nico's stardom but instead I got this incredibly raw piece of art that they put their entire heart and soul into. I applaud everything they are doing, from the protests, to the subtle coming outs, to the honesty they share everyday.
 
Looking for other books by Nico Tortorella?

No comments:

Post a Comment