For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing

I just... I just don't even have the words to describe the emotional whirlwind this book just sent me on. I don't know that I've ever cried like that over another character (well, besides Damon from Vampire Diaries, but that's different).

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing is one of those books where I don't want to give away too much of the story because it's all tied so closely together that just saying one thing might ruin the entire book for someone. But I will give you guys a quick, basic rundown of the story.

After an exhausting day at work, 23 year old, April May stumbles upon an amazing piece of art. This huge metal Transformer looking creation. Now, why has she never seen this guy before?! She calls up her friend, Andy, to come shoot a video of the art she has affectionately dubbed, "Carl". They never expected this video to become a viral sensation overnight and they really never expected to hear the phrase "alien life form" about Carl, or hear that Carls have been popping up all over the world since their video first streamed. The fascination with the Carls soon takes hold of April and Andy's life with no intention of letting go any time soon. April becomes the face of this new group and soon loses herself in it all. 
 
But the overall story is like nothing I have ever read before and I loved every second of it.

Looking for the rest of the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment