For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Hellraisers

I am not a fan of heavy metal in any way (but why do I have heavy metal flags and band tshirts??)
Oh yeah, because my husband is a metalhead.
So I read Hellraisers for a few reasons:
  • I love music, any kind of music.
  • I love my husband
  • He wouldn't read the book so I had to summarize it to him
But it was actually really good. I was surprised at all of the different subgenres within the heavy metal genre. Some of them I don't 100% agree with because lets be real glam rock is NOT metal but it is definitely one of my favorites. Honestly, I learned a lot from this book. It kind of goes into the history of heavy metal and talks about bands who inspired other bands and how all the subgenres are connected to the main genre.
 
Now I will say, the last 100 pages or so were not really necessary.
Now I'm not an expert or anything, but grouping Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and Linkin Park into the "nu-metal" genre seemed a bit off to me, but according to my husband that's exactly what the three of them are. So who knows.
 
Either way, I really enjoyed this book even though heavy metal is not quite my taste. 
If you enjoy this music, you'd definitely enjoy this book!
 
Huge thank you to NetGalley for providing me an advanced copy of Hellraisers!

No comments:

Post a Comment