For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spotlight: Obscura: The Contract

An exclusive excerpt courtesy of debut author, Nathaniel Wood!

They knew all the right things to say to convince me. Who am I to turn down such an incredible deal? I was a desperate man, and they seemed like professionals willing to help.
     My name is Samuel Davis and I used to be what some may call “unemployable.” You see, I have never been afraid to bend the rules a little, but then the whole “criminal law of the land” issue arises. Of course, I was not very good at it, but I at least managed to stay out of jail and the grave. I hated being a criminal, but I had no choice.
     Why not just go get myself a regular job? Well, I tried: I used to work as a carpenter for several different companies, a locksmith here and there, and for a little while I even chopped wood near my home and tried to sell it. But after a while construction projects stop, people quit hiring, and firewood is replaced by electricity.
     Oh, and this was not the worst part. My home was falling apart and food is not free, so I had to borrow money from countless places. But of course, an unemployed man borrowing money is a fast road to disaster: the loans were ready to default and banks would not even look at a man like me. So give me a break for accepting the agreement. Desperate men do crazy things.
 
To read more of Samuel's journey, check out Nathaniel Wood's blog here!
To read Obscura: The Contract, check out Amazon and download it to your kindle or e-reader!
For my review check out Obscura: The Contract

No comments:

Post a Comment