For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, March 12, 2022

I'm The Girl

I've been obsessively following Courtney Summers newsletter for details on her upcoming book, I'm The Girl. She's posted on social media about how this book is set in the same world as Sadie. If that doesn't give you any indication of how brutal this book is, then I don't know what will.

When I got the email about review copies for I'm The Girl, I immediately accepted.....and then I read the entire thing today. I'm so emotionally drained from this story. The energy of this book is raw and real. It does a deep dive into the power hungry people who seem to have the run of the world. These people enable abusers and will go to great lengths to protect themselves and the good 'ole boys.

It hurt me to read this book.
But the power behind the words is what makes this story one of Summers' best books yet.
Sadie broke my heart but I'm The Girl obliterated it.
 
I'm The Girl hits shelves September 13, 2022.
 
Huge thanks to St. Martin's Press & Wednesday Books for sending me an e-ARC.

Looking for other books by Courtney Summers?

No comments:

Post a Comment