For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Project


I was lucky enough to be one of the first 500 NetGalley reviewers to receive a copy of Courtney Summer's new book The Project.

 
 You may be thinking, "Courtney Summers, I know that name."
You definitely do, she wrote one of my all time favorite YA novels, Sadie.
 
Excuse my language, but holy shit this book took me on a trip.
 
The Project follows sisters, Bea and Lo.
The book starts with their parents getting killed in a car accident; Lo is on the brink of death, and Bea just can't handle a world without her in it. Six years have passed since The Unity Project Leader, Lev, performed a miracle. Bea believes wholeheartedly that Lev brought her sister back from the dead, which begins her love affair with the cult. 

Lo has never been the same since the accident. She's been trying to find a way to live through her words, that's why she wants to be a writer. She wants to leave a legacy. But more importantly, she wants her sister back. The Unity Project isolates members from their families, cuts them off from the outside world, and believes they have all been chosen by God, and handpicked by Lev.
 
This book was pure insanity because I felt myself becoming attached to the members of The Unity Project. There were times were I literally had to set my Kindle down and ask myself who the good guys really were. I had to digest that maybe The Project wasn't all bad, maybe Bea really did abandon her sister for a good cause. Maybe Lo understood that her regular life would never amount to a life within The Project. Maybe the bad guys are the good guys and the good guys are the bad guys. To read a story that really flipped the narrative was amazing. 
 
Mark your calendars, The Project hits shelves February 2, 2021!
 
Looking for other books by Courtney Summers?

No comments:

Post a Comment