For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy People Are Annoying

I feel like Josh Peck gave himself far less credit than he deserves.
Like many Millennials, I discovered Josh on The Amanda Show. But he's widely know for his role on Drake and Josh, which is a show I literally still watch and I'm now 26.
 
I was kind of expecting Happy People Are Annoying to be a tell all of what it's like to be a child actor. But Josh quickly mentions how ordinary that is, and he's anything but ordinary. He goes on to say people have a habit of assuming because we watched him (or any other character) grow up on television, that we somehow know who they are as a person. But let me tell you, I was unprepared for everything he talked about in this book.
 
This book kind of humanized Josh in a way that felt relatable. He repeatedly had to change his preconceived notions of what it means to make it in Hollywood. He talks about being sober. He talks about his insecurities. He talks about being in his 20's and thinking, "I have no idea what I'm doing with my life." AND THAT'S ALL SO RELATABLE.

So, my suggestion is we make Josh the leader of the millennials.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment