For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

The Literary Book Club Box is a quarterly box that features a classic novel + curated gifts to be opened throughout the book. I've gotten a few of these boxes now and honestly, I love it.

I was completely unprepared for how much I enjoyed Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. It's not something that I ever would have picked up for myself. But I found myself completely immersed in it.

It's not at all what I was expecting. I assumed since it is a sci-fi adventure novel that it would be filled with undiscovered underwater sea creature battles. But instead I found a book filled with descriptions of the beauty of the water, the schools of fish, the depths of the ocean yet to be explored. I think that's what made me love this book. I grew up in a beach town where we took field trips to do scientific experiments on the different types of water in the area. Sea life is something that's ingrained in me.

There are some battles with giant sea creatures, tumultuous terrain during a hurricane, and a few harrowing moments where I literally could not stop reading. This book really snuck up on me, but I really do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment