For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Dear Fahrenheit 451

It's official, I love this book.
Dear Fahrenheit 451: A Librarian's Love Letters and Break-Up Notes to the Books in Her Life is such a cute idea and Annie Spence definitely delivered!! This book consists of letters Annie has written to books, whether they be happy or sad letters, each book she picks up is getting one. Some of them are life long favorites but have to retire because their spine is obliterated. Some of them hadn't been checked out, or even picked up, in over five years. Some of them may help improve your life. Some books are instant hits and some are total flops. But one thing is certain, Annie knows what she's talking about. 
I loved that she has spent so much time around books and she understands working with books is HARD. Many people are only looking for the book because the movie trailer just came out, um newsflash THE BOOK IS ALWAYS BETTER.
But honestly, I found myself laughing throughout this entire book.
Some of the funniest parts to me:
-One in three men will say their favorite book is Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
-Going to a party and making The Great Gatsby references to the bookshelf you're talking to
-Running to the kids section when life gets too real
Utmost respect from me to you Annie, you wrote a great great book and I will highly recommend this to everyone I know! Big shout out to NetGalley and Flatiron Books for granting my wish and providing me with this wonderful read!
Mark your calendars, Dear Fahrenheit 451 hits shelves September 26!

Looking for some of the books mentioned in Dear Fahrenheit 451?
Twilight Saga
In Cold Blood
Room
Divergent Trilogy
The Hunger Games Trilog

No comments:

Post a Comment