For readers around the globe. :)

Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Anthropocene Reviewed

My obsession with John Green started while I was in a reading slump.
My sister handed me a copy of The Fault in Our Stars, told me the ending, and walked away. Since then I've read literally all of his books. I've cried with Pudge. I laughed with Tiny. I've gone searching for Margot. I once wrote a research paper called "The Fault in Our Schools," where I talk about the dangers of book banning. So that being said, I will buy every single book John Green publishes.

The Anthropocene Reviewed isn't a teen novel. It's a collection of essays on a human-centered planet. Pretty much, it's nearly 300 pages of John Green reviewing various things in his life. Everything from Super Mario Kart to Canada Geese to The Notes App on an iPhone. He talks about becoming a father, the secrecy of a whisper, his pandemic research, even how to defeat a groundhog.

It just feels like John Green.
If you've ever watched his vlogs, you'll love this book.
His voice is so recognizable, it'll make the book easy to read.

I give The Anthropocene Reviewed five stars.

Looking for other John Green books?

No comments:

Post a Comment