For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Just Like Home

I love book boxes. I had my eye on Just Like Home for awhile, so I snatched up a Halloween themed box from Once Upon a Book Club!

I'm not going to lie, I thought this was going to be soooooo much darker than it actually was.

The premise is simple; a man builds a strong, sturdy house for his family, his daughter starts hearing noises from the basement, the cold, distant mother calls said daughter on her death bed to come home.

Oh, but maybe I should mention, the dad is a serial killer and the daughter was witnessing all of the deaths through a peep hole under her bed. Which in itself is weird, but obviously there's something more supernatural lurking beneath the surface.

I thought maybe it was a slow burn, but it really just never picked up.
It's worth reading, especially if you're new to the supernatural horror genre. But overall, I got kind of bored with it. However, I feel it's important to tell you that I read the first half of this book in a day and then hit such a slump in my personal life that reading kind of fell to the back burner for me and that may have swayed my opinion a little bit.

The book box was super cool though. It came with a Ouija Board throw, a cute ass water bottle, and a handy dandy floral pattern screwdriver (super excited because I can use it at work!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment