For readers around the globe. :)

Friday, August 28, 2020

Live in Love

This kind of book is definitely outside of my comfort zone.
I've literally had friends tell me they never imagined I would enjoy a book like this and were genuinely surprised when they saw me with it. But I loved it.

I'm a little biased because I absolutely love Thomas Rhett's music. I, like most people, met his wife Lauren through his music. I quickly followed her on Instagram and Facebook and watched with delight as she chronicled their family life.

So when she announced her book, I knew I had to have it.
What I love most about this book is that she doesn't shy away from anything.
She talks about her childhood, her relationship with God, her struggles to accept the life of a musician's wife, everything. Growing up in a small town in Tennessee, she never expected to be living the life of stardom. It just really struck me how REAL she is.
 
She and Thomas Rhett had real struggles to work through that I think are true of any marriage. But she's honest about it. Thomas Rhett even makes a few appearances in the book to tell his side of the story. Which I think, just talking these things through probably brought them closer together as a couple.
 
Live in Love: Growing Together through Life's Changes was a breezy, relaxing read for me.

In the very beginning, Lauren says she hopes this book will be whatever you need it to be, "a self-help book, a romantic escape, a marriage book, a family guide, a beacon of faith, a behind-the-curtain peek at a country music couple, an inside look at the trails of the international adoption process, or just a light-and-love-filled distraction of the darkness that seems to fill up the news these days."

She did that, all in 300 beautifully written pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment