For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Carve the Mark

Okay, so I was lucky enough to receive an advanced readers copy of Carve the Mark which isn't set to come out until January 17, 2017!!

I don't really know how to review this book just yet. Part of me wants to scream and tell you "DON'T READ IT, IT'S SO SIMILAR TO DIVERGENT" but the other part of me is screaming "YOU NEED TO GET THIS". 

So, I'm torn.

Carve the Mark was told from 2 perspectives, Cyra and Akos. 
Cyra is considered to be one of the most powerful tools in her brother, Ryzec's toolbox. 
Akos was kidnapped and forced to serve Cyra by dulling the pain of her currentgift. 
Honestly, I loved the idea of the currentgifts. It created a whole new world for Veronica Roth to play in and I'm so happy she did.

The only way I know how to describe Carve the Mark is Divergent meets Hunger Games, meets The Giver, meets I Am Number Four, but it all takes place in space. There are so many different dimensions that I found from each of these series that Veronica Roth used to create planets Thuve and and Shotet. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that is was original, in an unoriginal way. 
I know this entire review was mostly opinion, but I don't want to spoil it for you guys!  

Looking for the rest of the series?

Looking for other books by Veronica Roth?

No comments:

Post a Comment