For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Meet Wayne Kerr

I am pleased to introduce Mr. Wayne Kerr!!
 
When did you realize you first wanted to be a writer?
My parents started me down that path by giving me a typewriter for my 12th birthday.  I wrote a lot of short stories when I was a teen and several screen plays in my twenties.  After my daughter was born I told her some very long and involved bedtime stories.  A few years ago she convinced me to write some of them down and that got me started writing again.
What are some of your favorite books?
I grew up on a farm and my first favorite book was ‘My Friend Flicka’.  Currently my favorite authors are: Ian Fleming, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Ludlum, Vince Flynn, Thomas Perry, James Rollins, Michael Connelly, Clive Cussler and more.
What inspires you to write?
My daughter inspired me to write my first book.  My wife, brothers and sisters, and friends keep me going.  Everyone has been so encouraging.  Whenever someone mentions that they enjoyed one of my books, I get fired up all over again.
Where is your favorite place to write?
For me it is more of a favorite time to write.  I get up between 4am and 5am to write for three to four hours, no matter where I am.  A comfortable chair and my laptop are all I need.
What do you do when you aren’t writing?
I think of myself as a husband and father first, a tennis player second and a writer after that.  When I’m not writing, I’m hiking, biking or playing tennis.  I’d play tennis even more if my shoulder could take it.
What is your newest book about?
My newest book is Ric-A-Dam-Doo.  When a pair of teens are kidnapped from a mall in Tucson and smuggled into Mexico, the police and FBI are hampered by the International border and many levels of corruption.  What can a retired couple from Canada do about it?  Plenty.  Janet and PB Reese were once part of an elite Special Forces unit.  They are willing to go places and do things that regular law enforcement cannot in order to rescue these girls from a possible fate worse than death.
Are you currently working on anything new?
Framed in Blood A Reggie Swann Mystery.  It is obvious to the whole world that Stan Connelly killed his wife and disposed of her body.  There is overwhelming evidence to support his arrest.  He claims that he was framed.  Reggie Swann spent eight years in prison for a murder she didn’t commit.  Was Stan framed?  If anyone can figure out what really happened, Reggie can.
Framed in Blood is currently at my editor and I’m working on two more books in the series.  I’ve made a good start on A Pinot Noir to Die For and scribbled lots of notes for Murder on the Kettle Valley Express.
How many books have you written and which is your favorite?
I’ve written seven books to date.  My first book is closest to my heart.  I wrote Monsters and Miracles for my daughter.  There was a huge sense of accomplishment when I held the first copy in my hands.  My sister is a graphic artist and she’s done all my covers and I still think that one is the best.

You’re stranded on a deserted island, you get to pick one book to take with you.  What do you choose and why?
I probably should take ‘Robinson Crusoe’ for the practical knowledge, but I own ‘The Complete Sherlock Holmes’.  It contains every case and I can read them over and over without tiring of them.
You have been given a week vacation to visit any fictional town, where would you go?
Without a doubt it would be Atlantis.  When I was a teen I read lots of science fiction and always found stories about Atlantis fascinating.
Quick! You have a date with your favorite fictional character, who are you meeting tonight?
Jane Whitefield, Thomas Perry’s Native American guide who helps people in trouble disappear.  I have a soft spot for women who kick butt.  She’s an amazing character.
  
So there you have it!
Check out Wayne's blog page: http://www.waynekerrnovels.com/#!blog/c1n31 
or Goodreads account: https://www.goodreads.com/m0nst3rs

No comments:

Post a Comment