For readers around the globe. :)

Monday, February 6, 2023

Love, Pamela


I read Pamela's book in less than 24 hours.

I've seen a lot of mixed emotions regarding her writing her own story but it's one that I absolutely wanted to read. Years ago I read Tommy Lee's book, Tommyland. I was mystified that he managed to snag Pamela freaking Anderson and that she was throwing him literally the coolest birthday party I'd ever heard of.

I think that's when my fascination started.
Or maybe it was when she guest starred in all my favorite shows from the early 2000s.
But it's probably when the kitchen timer went off in Friends and Joey and Chandler introduced me to Baywatch.

Either way, Pamela was writing her story and I knew I needed it.

I'll admit, I watched Pam & Tommy on Hulu before hearing how much that hurt her. So much of her life has been pure exploitation. Being a blonde bombshell, a pin up girl, and a Playboy Bunny, doesn't mean she isn't entitled to privacy and human decency. Besides, there's so much more to her than that. First and foremost, she's a mom. But she's also an activist, working with organizations all over the world. Her activism spans all walks of life, orphanages, animal rescue, even the rain forests.
 
I dare say she's a modern day Marilyn Monroe.
So much of their stories feel familiar to me.
They were both thrown into fame and stardom at such a young age.
The both wholeheartedly followed their hearts without a second glance.
I think there's something in their stories that we can all learn from.

Looking for other books featuring Pamela Anderson?

No comments:

Post a Comment