For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, February 25, 2023

I Know What's Best for You

I was in Atlanta with my sister shortly after Roe v. Wade was overturned.

We stumbled around Ponce City Market and found Posman Books. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I kept going back to this book. I kept picking it up. I had finished reading You're the Only One I've Told by Dr. Meera Shah just a few weeks earlier. Finally, one of the employees said she was currently reading this book. I told her about Meera's book and finally decided to buy a copy.

I Know What's Best for You was written during the height of the pandemic. Shelly Oria reached out to people all over to hear their reproduction stories...the good, the bad, and the ugly. This book includes 29 different stories of reproductive freedom or lack thereof. No two stories are the same. It has a mix of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, plays, a comic, and even a photography collection.

I don't have to tell you guys what it means to be a woman in today's society. I have no doubt in my mind that my choices will be different from every single one of you. That's what this book is about. It's about how each of us have a different story to tell. Each of us have different life experiences that may influence our choices. But it's okay.

I would love a follow up collection now that Roe v. Wade has been overturned.

Looking for other books on reproductive freedom?

No comments:

Post a Comment