For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

You Can't Be Serious

You Can't Be Serious is honestly a great title.

Kal Penn is such an enigma. I hardly knew anything about him when I picked up his memoir. But I knew he was in some of my favorite shows, like How I Met Your Mother and New Girl. Not to mention he's half of the dynamic duo, Harold & Kumar. Oh, and he casually left Hollywood to fulfill his passion for civic duty by literally working in The White House with the Obama administration. 

I've read a lot of celebrity memoirs, but the one thing I always love is when I can hear their distinct voice while reading their book. Kal Penn's voice rang true throughout his entire story. He doesn't shy away from his personal life but it does take a backseat throughout the story. He reflects upon important moments, like his Grandfather marching with Ghandi, or his dad driving him to auditions in the middle of a blizzard, even to how his soon to be husband won him over with NASCAR and beer koozies.

It's a quick read filled with Hollywood humor and D.C. professionalism and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment