For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Last Thing He Told Me

Protect her.
 
That is all Owen's note to Hannah said.
Then he disappeared.
 
Owen and Hannah had been married for a little over a year. So, it's safe to say Hannah was still getting used to her stepdaughter, Bailey. This was uncharted territory for the new family. Owen and Bailey were on their own for nearly a decade after Bailey's mom was killed in a freak car accident. Hannah was nearly 40 with no previous marriages or children. Not to mention, she barely had a relationship with her own mother. So becoming a stepparent to a teenager didn't exactly come easily.

I don't know if I just overhyped this book in my own head or if everyone else overhyped it. I was expecting Little Fires Everywhere vibes based on the cover (and yes, I 100% judged this book based on it's cover). It does have many of the same undertones but it was a completely different kind of story. Don't get me wrong; it was good, if not a little predictable. It was a quick read though, finished it in a day. Definitely could have imagined myself laying on a pool float, soaking up the sun, and devouring this book. That's honestly the vibe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment