For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, December 11, 2021

A History of Wild Places

 
 Hoooooooly, oh my god.

A History of Wild Places has everything I'm looking for in a book. A disappearance, a man with a knack for locating people, and a small community where no one would look. I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around everything that just happened.

Children's author, Maggie St. James has been missing for five years. Desperate to find their daughter, Maggie's parents hire Travis Wren. His specialty lies in the objects the missing leave behind. He can read them in a way that gives him an insight into what might have happened. Having been out of the game for awhile, he's reluctant to look for Maggie. But after a cryptic interaction with Maggie's mom, he sets out to find the small community of Pastoral.

This book is incredibly difficult to review without giving away major spoilers. It's not your typical missing person, mystery, thriller, story. It's a story that creates doubt in everything you've ever believed in. It makes the reader question everything. It's not predictable in the sense that I saw it coming, but in the sense that I fully believed the path the story was on. It led me straight to the answers I was looking for. Honestly, I think that's what it set out to do for the characters too.

Definitely one of the best books I've ever purchased on a whim.

No comments:

Post a Comment