For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Stalling for Time

I've been wanting to read this book for awhile now.
Gary Noesner was the very first Chief Negotiator for the FBI and worked numerous high profile cases over his 30 year career. Noesner had a big part in creating the overall protocols used in hostage negotiation, most of which we still use today. Over the years, I've followed many cases that he's been involved with. Even if you don't know his name, I'm willing to bet you remember the Ruby Ridge and Waco Sieges, the Talladega Prison Riot, and the D.C. Sniper Attacks.

Being a hostage negotiator takes so much patience, willpower, and calming abilities. Reading about these cases was astonishing. I was caught off guard in the first chapter when deadly force was presented as the best outcome. It made me wonder if this book was actually going to be about negotiations, or if it was just cementing the terrible things that associated with government officials using deadly force. But I'm glad I powered through. This really is a book about creating an environment where both parties come out virtually unharmed.

Definitely a good read.

Looking for other books on cases mentioned in Stalling for Time?

No comments:

Post a Comment