For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Her Darkest Secret

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little on the fence about this book.
 
It's published by Love Inspired an imprint of Harlequin....which is far outside of my comfort zone. But the premise of the story really hooked me. Fiona became a Special Agent with the FBI after escaping from the Nursery Rhyme Killer when she was just 17 years old. Her case, like many others, went cold. But her search never stopped. When a goose feather is found at a recent murder site, they all know he's back and waiting for Fiona to find him.
 
The absurdity of some of the theories had my eyes rolling so hard. But it was written so well, that I honestly could overlook a little absurdity. It was just real enough to keep me guessing who the killer was, even if I did guess it fairly early on. The only thing that I really could have done without was the Jesus/Prayer aspect of it. I understand that Love Inspired is a faith based imprint, but it really just felt out of place with the rest of this story. But I mean, it is set in the South so it's believable.

All in all, it was a pretty good book and apparently there's another one coming!

Huge thanks to Love Inspired and Harlequin for sending me an ARC!
 
Her Darkest Secret by Jessica R. Patch is available June 28, 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment