For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Perks of Being a Wallflower

I wanna start by saying I've never re-read a book before in my life. But for some reason for the last few days, I've felt Charlie vying for my attention.

I first read Perks of Being a Wallflower a decade ago.
I think reading Perks at 16 and again at 26 was an absolutely amazing experience. I was in the thick of my teenage years reading about this kid who needed a friend. At 26, I'm the kid in need of a friend. I've watched the movie a few dozen times, but revisiting the letters felt more personal.

I couldn't bring myself to read my original copy because I've written and highlighted all throughout it. So, I snagged a copy of the 20th anniversary edition which features a new letter from Charlie. A letter that literally brought tears to my eyes.
 
We made it.
 
Wanna read my cringe-worthy original review?
 
Looking for other books by Stephen Chbosky?

No comments:

Post a Comment