For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Poison for Breakfast

"Reading a book makes me feel as if I am in conversation with the author."
That line is amazing. It completely describes the feelings I had while reading this book.

I've been obsessed with Lemony Snicket books since I was a kid. Weirdly enough, I found A Series of Unfortunate Events through the little excerpts stuck to my Lunchables.

So when I saw Mr. Snicket was releasing a new book called Poison for Breakfast, I immediately pre-ordered it and then read the description.

Written in typical Lemony Snicket fashion, the book begins with a scrap of paper that reads "You had poison for breakfast." Which sets Mr. Snicket off on a journey through his breakfast. That's really all a book is, someone going on a journey or someone losing something. But in reality those are really the same story. It's told completely through stream of consciousness and honestly felt like I was walking through town with Lemony Snicket while he investigated who or what may have poisoned his breakfast.
 
Honestly, I just love this book.
 
This is easily one of the best books I've read all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment